Effective: July 6, 2018
Last Modified: August 10, 2023
New Visions For Public Schools (“New Visions”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) understands that privacy is essential to the Local Education Agency (“District”) and schools (“Schools”) who use our products, as well as to the students whose information we have been granted access to (“Students”).
We use this Data to provide and improve our Service. By using the Portal, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. By using the Portal, you also agree to our Terms and Conditions.
1. DATA COLLECTION AND USE
School and Student data
- New Visions receives School and Student data directly from the District to support a network of District schools.
- New Visions has access to this information only as requested by the District and only for the purposes of supporting schools to help their students succeed.
- New Visions receives District’s School and Student data only from District and School personnel, never from Students directly.
- School and Student data includes academic performance information such as course grades, student attendance, and standardized tests scores.
- Through the use of the Portal, Users are able to provide additional information about students, particularly the school’s plan for supporting the student to achieve the best possible outcome.
- School and Student data is highly confidential and we do not use such data for any purpose other than to provide direct support to the District and Schools.
- Our collection, use, and disclosure of School and Student data is governed by applicable federal, state and local law and regulation, including but not limited to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), and all state and local laws which relate to the receipt and use of Student data.
- The Portal automatically collects certain types of usage information when a User visits our website and engages with us. For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information.
- We also collect information about the way you use the Portal, for example, the pages you visit, the links you click, or how frequently you access.
- Like School and Student data, this type of information is considered confidential and is only used for the purpose of operating, maintaining, and improving features of the application.
2. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- We disclose School and Student data to users of the Portal as needed at the direction of the District and School.
- Certain users (such as central District and New Visions staff) may be given permission to access Student data for multiple schools.
- We have access provisioning tools available to district and school portal administrators to ensure that only school leaders and approved staff may access information for a particular School or District.
- School users are only permitted to see their own School and Student data.
With the District
- We share information with the District for the purpose of auditing, compliance, and for improving our products and services.
With Third Parties
- We may share information with our trusted third party service providers who perform technology services on our behalf (e.g. web hosting and analytics services), but exclusively for the purpose of carrying out their work for us.
- Contractors and service providers who may have access to School and Student data in the course of performing their services are subject to the same confidentiality and data security requirements as New Visions employees.
- We may be required to share information with law enforcement or other third parties when compelled to do so by court order or other legal process, to comply with statutes or regulations, or if we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of our Users and Students.
- We do not rent or sell information for marketing purposes and we will never share or sell School, Student or User data with third parties for marketing purposes.
3. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT INFORMATION
- New Visions For Public Schools maintains strict administrative, technical and physical procedures to protect information stored in our servers, which are located in the United States.
- Access to information is limited to those employees who require it to perform their job functions.
- Staff are required to provide two factors of authentication when performing administrative functions in our infrastructure.
- Information in transit is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to ensure confidentiality of the data between your browser and our servers.
- Information at rest is encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) algorithm with 256-bit keys while it is being stored in our databases and servers.
- Other security safeguards include, but are not limited to, strict firewall rules, regular third party security audits, and logical access controls of data.
4. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- Academic information for District Schools in the Portal is provided and controlled by the District.
- If you have any questions about modifying or deleting official records for a Student or School, please reach out to the District directly.
- Information entered into the Portal by Users may be edited or deleted at any time.
- User accounts may be deleted upon request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following the termination of a School’s relationship with New Visions, the School, its Users, and Student data will be removed promptly from the Portal.
- New Visions may maintain anonymized or aggregated data following the termination of a School’s relationship, such as usage data, for analytics purposes.
- At this time, the Portal is not able to support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
- If you have any questions about data retention or deletion, please contact email@example.com.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites, applications or services linked to or from the Portal.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US